From the point of ‘sink or swim’ to the point of success, the pair share how their theatre backgrounds have helped them greatly with their finance careers. Julia and Philip discuss how lean living and realistic expectations got them through tight times, and explore the importance of taking on the right help to keep business running smoothly. Listen in to hear all about how this duo made the not-so-common transition from theatre to financial services.
Listen to the Full Interview:
What You'll Learn from This Episode:
- How the two made their way from a theatre career track to financial planning.
- The details on who they serve and why they offer certain services.
- Why they focus more on planning clients rather than investment clients.
- Why they don’t really focus on long term clients.
- How they grew so fast and manage the amount of plans on their plate.
- The issues and successes that came along with hiring and bringing on help.
- What it’s like being expecting parents and colleagues.
- How they began working with PBS and how that has affected their business.
- How couples’ therapy and business coaching has been a big part of their success personally and professionally.
Featured on the Show:
- The Art of Finance | YouTube | Facebook | Blog
- Two Cents
- Dave Ramsey
- Millionaire by Thirty by Douglas R. Andrew, Emron D. Andrew and Aaron R. Andrew
- Wired Advisor
This Episode Sponsored By:
Support for today’s episode comes from Valenta BPO, providing virtual assistant and paraplanner outsourcing solutions specifically for financial advisors and the financial planning industry. What highly repetitive tasks are you doing that take up your time and keep you from seeing more clients? What if those tasks (like data input, building financial plans, document organization, and more) could be done by a trained professional who could complete these tasks with quality, accuracy, and efficiency? Valenta BPO can take that on for you. Visit valentabpo.com to see how Valenta BPO can help you do more of what only you can do.