Last week, XY Planning Network and a number of our member advisors co-hosted Experian’s weekly #creditchat on Twitter. In case you missed this event and opportunity to connect with peers and consumers alike, we’re recapping the highlights for you here.
With network co-founder Alan Moore, 5 XYPN members provided their tips, ideas, and insights:
- Katie Brewer (@KatieYRL)
- Sophia Bera (@SophiaBera)
- Daniel Wrenne (@WrenneFinancial)
- Mary Beth Storjohann (@MaryBStorj)
- Erik O. Klumpp (@ErikOKlumpp)
Our advisors answered and discussed the following questions:
- Q1: Why have many people never seen a financial adviser?
- Q2: Why is seeing a financial counselor helpful? When is a good time?
- Q3: What types of qualifications and experience should an adviser have?
- Q4: What types of financial advisers should you avoid? Any warning signs?
- Q5: What services do financial planners offer?
- Q6: How are financial advisers compensated for providing services to you?
- Q7: How can you make sure a financial planner is a fiduciary?
- Q8: Where can you go online to find a qualified financial adviser?
- Q9: How often does a person need to see a financial adviser?
- Q10: Any final tips on how to find a great financial planner?
Here are some of our favorite tweets from #creditchat:
We really enjoyed fostering this discussion and sharing our knowledge, ideas, and advice for others who may not have been sure where to start when looking for a financial advisor. XYPN and our members loves getting involved with others in the financial community -- and of course, helping educate and inform consumers.
Want to be part of our own community that provides amazing opportunities like #creditchat with Experian? We'd love for you to learn more about XYPN and what we can do for financial advisors who want support for their business, a likeminded group of professionals to connect and engage with, and to serve Gen X and Gen Y clients with the best financial planning service available.